How to Install Kali Linux
In this article i am gonna demonstrate you how to install kali linux on your machine. before installation it is very necessary to know about kali linux .
What is Kali Linux
The kali linux is a debian based Linux distribution or an operating system which are used is Penetration Testing and Security Auditing. Kali linux contain hundred and more tools that are used in Penetration Testing, Computer Forensics, Security research and Reverse Engineering. Kali Linux is developed, founded and maintained by Offensive Security, a leading information security training company.
Now lets start how to install kali linux on a machine, for installing kali linux need to fulfill the system requirements
- At least 20 GB of disk space for install kali linux
- At least 1 GB of ram, Recommended: 2 GB or more
- CD-DVD Drive / USB boot support
Preparing for the Installation
- Download the latest kali linux
- Burn The Kali linux ISO to DVD or Image Kali Linux Live to USB.
- Ensure that your computer support boot from CD / USB in your BIOS.
Start the installation
- To start your installation Insert your installation medium in your computer and open boot menu, Common keys for accessing the Boot Menu are Esc, F2, F10 or F12, its depend on the manufacturer of your computer or motherboard. boot with your chosen installation medium. You should be greeted with the Kali Linux boot menu, a screen are appear. By navigation key select Graphical install and the hit enter.
2. Select your preferred language to be used for installation process and then select your country and also select appropriate key map.
3. The installer will copy the image to your hard disk, analyse your network interfaces, and then prompt you to enter a hostname for your system. In the example below, I was entered “kali” as the hostname.
4. enter a Password for your root account, A good password contain a mixture of letter, numbers and special character.
5. Next, set your time zone.
6. The installer will now probe your disks and offer you four choices. you can choose the “Guided – use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM” or “Guided – use entire disk ” option as shown below. here I am chose encrypted LVM
7. Choose the destination drive to install Kali. In this case, I am chosing a standard hard drive destination.
8. Confirm your partitioning scheme and continue the installation.
9. Next, you will be asked for an encryption password. You will need to remember this password and use it each time to boot the encrypted instance of Kali Linux. If you not chose “Guided – use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM”, you will be direct see network configuration mirrors .
10.Now Configure network mirrors. Kali uses a central repository to distribute applications. You’ll need to enter any appropriate proxy information as needed. Note! If you chose “No”, then you will NOT be able to install packages from the Kali repositories.
11. Next, install GRUB boot loader
12. Finally, click Continue to reboot into your new Kali installation. If you used a USB device as a destination drive, make sure you enable booting from USB devices in your BIOS. You will be asked for the encryption password you set earlier on every boot.
After restart or power on the system we need to enter encryption password those was set in time of installation.
after entering encryption password then need to enter user name and password then click on sign in
user name: root password: (you set in time of installatoin)
This is the user interface of kali linux
congrats your installation is complete now your new operating system is ready for use.